As humans we have this crazy tendency to see things as we want them to be, not the actual reality.
It’s a sobering moment when your eyes are opened to fact that someone in your life could be seen in a less than favourable light. It can hurt and it can ruin that relationship. But it can also free you.
If you realise your connection is not what you thought it was and isn’t what you want it to be, you then have the choice to let them go. And that’s huge because the more you release your idea of how things ‘should’ be and accept them as they are the happier you’ll be. Believe me!
Moving on from my lesson…
It was a massive week at work. Sadly Kamila our manager is leaving. But on the flip side that opened a door for me. A big door that had not previously existed. I got promoted to manager of my department. It’s a trial, to see how I go. That’s a big pat on the back for me!
Tuesday was a lovely night. Mexican and movies with Shelley. We saw ‘Delivery Man.’ Which is a sweet movie. I enjoy watching ‘nice’ films with simple messages. I feel that’s something that’s definitely lacking in the world. Niceness is thoroughly underrated!
Caught up with Kelly on Thursday night. Heard about her Christmas adventures in Aus. Which made me a little home sick. Ate at Manchurian Legends in China town, the food was amazing. Even better we planned our travels for 2014!
I know I promised no more drinking and I really didn’t, apart from a couple with Lana. And it was warranted. It was a crazy week. I needed a girls debrief on Friday night…
We have never been out one on one. Lana is a through and through Essex girl. Which I love. Sometimes I find the English a little too proper. And that’s not me. I’m loud and I say what I’m feeling.
Lana and I found out that we have had very similar experiences throughout our lives. One drink did turn into more but I was still home by 11pm (not 11am). Another pat on the back for me.
The weekend I needed to myself. I just shut the world out. Only went outside for a walk around the park. Caught up on writing. And domestic stuff too. Cooking. Watched a few old school films. Found myself dancing to Katy Perry in my room on Saturday night. It’s important to spend time by yourself. Just not too much, as the conversations in your head can get a little repetitive…
What I did that scared me:
- A lot of cooking. It was a little too domestic for my liking!
- Lana was trying to get a man for me on Friday night. She bought a couple of guys over from the bar. I don’t think I’m alone here when I say you basically get a feeling for someone instantly. So after the introductions I ran away to the toilet. I was retouching my make up, wondering how I was going to get us out of this situation. In Australia I had a code with my girls. But I hadn’t sorted that with Lana. Not a second later she burst through the door with our cocktails in hand announcing, ‘those guys are freaks. Let’s get out of here!’ But I didn’t have my gym bag. It was with the guys. I went back smiled. Was going to say something but just kept grinning like an idiot, grabbed my bag and we ran upstairs. As we finished our drinks, the guys walked passed us. I just kept smiling. They didn’t stop.
- Got tooted walking down the street. Not going to lie, I always enjoy that
- My week’s lesson
- Got screwed by the Australian Tax Office
- Swapping to monthly pay, eek!
- The days before I learnt my lesson this week
What I learnt:
- If you can keep letting go of what you think ‘should’ be then what actually needs to be- will happen