Another busy week at work, but I’m these days I’m learning how to cope. You have to accept that there’s only so much you can do. And if you do your best, that’s all anyone can ask!
Due to fact I don’t get my monthly pay until next weekend (which will be dangerous), I have no dough, which equals no socialising this week. I’ve been wondering if it’s better to have 2 really amazing weeks and 2 povo weeks. Or to be sensible and ration a little fun over the whole month. I’ll have to experiment.
Therefore no activity really to report. I’ve started a routine for myself to include writing in the morning, more exercising, eating healthy organic foods and not drinking as much. This is exciting reading I know.
But it’s good to find balance in your life. It’s a struggle we all face! I finally feel after 5 months of being here I’m getting a handle on life. Well, for now at least.
So…what did I learn this week? You know the old saying: ‘before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes?’ This really hit home for me.
A person you see on a daily basis could be dealing with insurmountable shit and you don’t have any idea. However I witnessed cracks in people’s veneers this week. I won’t go in to detail, as they’re not my stories to share. But I now have a new found respect for the above saying.
Funnily enough one of the quotes this week written at my train stain was ‘Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.’ Also I saw this posted on FB as well…
Sometimes we’re aware someone close (or not so close) to us is fighting a great battle. Sometimes we aren’t. Best to be kind to all who are in your life. Because at the end of the day we all have a cross to bare.
- Probably when I cooked broccoli at work and made the whole office smell like farts. That was fun explaining to candidates that walked in, hehe
What I did that scared me:
- Made no plans for the weekend. And as a planner this pretty much killed me!
- Getting my free Able & Cole fruit/vege box, for recommending a friend!
- Getting a free gym pass from the cute guy on the front desk!
- Getting a free slice from the cafe I eat a few times a week (freebie week, yea)
- Seeing people close to me upset and not be able to help them
- Dumb boy from the weekend not texting back, even though he contacted me first! If I do hear from him the response will be, ‘sorry I’m busy FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.’
- Netflix doesn’t have Godfather 2. WTF? Why have 1 and not continue, that’s just mean?
What I learnt:
- Understanding leads to respect.
This post is dedicated to the younger, cuter, more stylish version of Mr Bean 🙂